Friday, October 14, 2011

Tropical Inspirations

I recently went to the Bahama's for a much needed vacation and found myself in a completely other world. The use of color there is absolutely extraordinary! At one point during my trip, my family and I started calling out random colors and timing ourselves on how long it took us to find a building of that color. I don't think I could have found a white, beige or other neutral colored building if I had tried. Everything there is coated in beautiful colors of pink, purple, orange and yellow hues.


This of course, made me think... why is everything so blah here? Maybe an Alaskan winter wouldn't be so bland if all the building were painted bright orange. Perhaps, a Texas heat would be more bearable if the buildings there were painted a cool blue. Why are we so afraid of color?


3 comments:

Asheville Wallpaper said...

The use of color there is absolutely extraordinary!

Asheville Shutters said...

Hi This one is great and is really a good post.

Teresa Clean said...

All tropical locations have similar bright colors all over the place. Such coloring adds to the festive and leisure feeling that we love to experience on our vacations!